15 September 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 109: 2013-14 National Treasures Hakeem Olajuwon X-Factor


I got another Hakeem Olajuwon card from this year's Panini National Treasures product to go with the printing plate I showed off a few days ago. This one was much cheaper than that card, and between the two of them I spent about half what a discounted spot in a National Treasures case break would cost me. I'd still like to add another Olajuwon autograph card to my collection, but it is hard to spend those Hall of Fame prices, even if he doesn't get the hobby respect that some of his contemporaries garner. This X-Factor relic card is numbered # 08 / 49 and contains a fairly large red swatch of game-worn fabric.


The back of the card talks about Olajuwon's post-career contributions, working with current players on their footwork and teaching his signature 'Dream Shake' to the next generation of NBA big men.

No comments:

Post a Comment