26 January 2015

At the Trade Deadline 29: Completing the Set Thanks to Nachos Grande


After collating the big box of cards I received from roddster I found that my Munnatawket Allen & Ginter custom set had two holes in it. I didn't want to bother him about it, but I thought maybe I could work out a trade with Nachos Grande to complete the base set. I inquired as to whether he had the two cards, and he responded that he did have spares of the cards I was looking for. I hadn't seen the checklist for the set, so he also let me know that the cards featured David Ortiz and Evan Longoria. I was able to pick up a couple of things from his want list to send back, and soon I got an envelope in the mail containing Ortiz and Longoria, allowing me to fill their slots in the binder pages.


He also included a bonus autograph card from the set and a nice Upper Deck card of Homer Bailey showing off his grip. I thought for sure that I had that autograph card from one of his group breaks in the past, but I couldn't find one in my usual hiding spots and this one found a place in the 'inserts and variations' section of the binder pages.

Thanks for helping me to finish off the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment