20 September 2016

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated!

There was a period of time when my family got really into the television show 24. I was out of the house by then, but I remember watching all or part of a couple seasons. I've never been much good at watching a show and keeping up with the seasons and episodes. I thought the show was pretty cool, though, even if it did really stretch the boundaries of belief most of the time. I also missed quite a few episodes, so I was never 100% sure what was going on.


One thing I was sure of was that Chloe O'Brian, as played by Mary Lynn Rajskub, was my favorite character. I saw this relic card from the 24: Season 4 trading card set put out by Artbox in 2006 on a sales thread in the Blowout Cards forum and I picked it up as part of a lot with the Christopher McDonald Star Trek autograph I showed a while back. These things are pretty scarce nowadays, so I was happy to add one to my card collection. One interesting note I discovered while researching this card is that different cards spell the character's last name differently. Sometimes she is O'Brian, and sometimes she is O'Brien. The IMDB page for the show lists her name as O'Brian.


I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this card was serially-numbered, being copy # 010 / 500. That print run of 500 copies makes it the most numerous relic in the product, according to Jeff Allender's House of Checklists. I'd still like to pick up one of her autographs from one of the 24 trading card sets, but the price tag on the few that are available has put me off of that idea for now.

10 comments:

  1. Nice card. Mary Lynn was perfect for the role she played. 24 was one of my most favorite television shows ever. Surprising to read that autographs from that set still sell expensively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good show. I just have never been able to stick with TV shows all the way through. I fall behind and then I lose interest.

      Not all of the autographs are that expensive, but anyone famous and/or female on the checklist carries a premium.

      Delete
  2. Sweet card. I never really watched 24, but I love Mary Lynn Rajskub for her comedy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am terrible at keeping up with celebrities, but I was scrolling through her IMDB saying, "Oh yeah, I remember her in that one!" She's had roles in a lot of stuff I like.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's hard to come up with post titles. I did the best I could.

      Delete
  4. 24 WAS A HAD TO WATCH FOR ME FOR A FEW YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's hard to believe how long it's actually been since it was on TV.

      Delete