27 December 2017

Cyber Week Breaks: Day 18 - Lounging Around

I still haven't seen the new Star Wars movie, but at least I have Star Wars cards to open and look at. I feel like a bad fan, but I just have a hard time getting out of the house to see a movie. Maybe I'll try to go next Tuesday after work, when they have the $5.00 tickets. Other than that, today has been a pretty lazy day for me. I did some cleaning and some napping, and that's about it. Today's break is a pack of 2016 Topps Star Wars Masterwork and a pack of 2016 Topps UFC High Impact.


Here are the base and inserts from the Star Wars pack. I got some pretty decent base cards in here, with Luke Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, and a Blue parallel of C-3PO. The Momaw Nadon card is an Alien Identification Guide insert, and my copy is a Canvas parallel, numbered # 64 / 99.


My hit from the box is another autograph, this time a Rainbow Foil parallel of Keisha Castle-Hughes as Queen Apallana, numbered # 44 / 50. She didn't actually sign any base autographs for the set, so this is her most numerous card in the autograph set. I don't recognize her as an actress, but she's apparently been nominated for or won quite a few awards.


I got a decent Femme Fighters insert out of the High Impact box, but then I pulled yet another Al Iaquinta autograph. That's the 4th one from this break. It would be really nice to have a little more variety in my High Impact autograph pulls. I wonder if this will be the last one, or if I still have a couple more tucked away in the remaining 3 packs?

8 comments:

  1. She has a really nice signature. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and--something tells me that if you take part in next year's Secret Santa, whoever you get will be finding a Iaquinta auto under their tree 😀

      Delete
    2. I think that name would be tough to write over and over. If I had her name, I'd definitely develop a squiggle-graph signature.

      I don't know if I could do that to someone, although it wouldn't be too bad to have just one Iaquinta autograph. But to pull his card over and over when there are 43 different signers in the product is a bit overboard.

      Delete
  2. Keisha Castle-Hughes starred in a really wonderful movie when she was quite young called Whale Rider, about a girl taking on a boy's role in some Maori traditions in New Zealand. Well worth seeing. More recently, she was one of the Sand Snakes on Game of a Thrones, so she's got some serious geek cred. Sweet pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty happy that I've pulled three autographs out of this box so far. Of course it would be fun to pull one of the major names from the original trilogy, but this break hasn't been bad.

      Delete
  3. I still haven't seen the movie either. Between traveling and now being sick... I probably won't get around to seeing the movie until next week.

    P.S. Sweet Ahsoka! She's one of my favorite characters of all-time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you're feeling sick during your break. That might even be worse than feeling sick when you're working. I do like that Topps includes a lot of characters in the checklists, even though I'm a fan of the bigger stars of the franchise. There's room in my collection for the Star Wars equivalent of kickers and offensive linemen.

      Delete
  4. Awesome auto pull! I've been trying to get one of her for ages now.

    ReplyDelete