21 December 2017

Cyber Week Breaks: Day 12 - Star Wars Masterwork and UFC Chrome

I didn't post yesterday. I was busy (taking a nap) and didn't feel like posting. Today's packs were a mini-box of 2016 Topps Star Wars Masterwork and 8 packs of 2017 Topps UFC Chrome. Pretty fun stuff. Let's see what the pulls were.


Here are the base cards from the Masterwork pack. BB-8 is a fun one to get. That Mace Windu is pretty cool, too. It's a Blue parallel, which as far as I know without looking it up is the most common parallel.


I also got a Great Rivalries insert, highlighting Finn's battle with FN-2199. This box also had a base autograph in it, an on-card signature of Rocky Marshall as Colonel Datoo in The Force Awakens. The base cards in this one were pretty good, and the insert was okay. The autograph was all right, and certainly better than a manufactured relic.


Not a lot came out of this batch of UFC Chrome. There was a John Lineker Gold parallel, numbered # 43 / 50, and a base autograph of Eddie Alvarez. Not too bad. I like all the colorful Refractors I've been pulling out of this product.

That's about it for today. Since I got a couple of autographs and whatnot in this break, I skipped out on busting a pack of 2017 Topps UFC Knockout. I figure there will be posts later that might need the boost more.

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of the Masterworks base cards and at one point I was actually looking to buy the set on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure I bought a base set the first year Masterwork was released. I may have skipped the SP portion of the set, though, as they were pretty expensive. They are nice-looking cards.

      Delete