29 July 2015

2014 Topps Stadium Club Adam Eaton Trio


I picked up this trio of Adam Eaton cards from 2014 Topps Stadium Club, mostly because of that card up at the top with the foil Members Only stamp. I've been gathering Members Only parallels from the 2014 set here and there, and I am guessing I've got between 15 and 20 of them. There were rumored to be less than 10 copies of each one, so the supply was pretty limited to begin with and I don't see a whole lot of them pop up any more. Most of the copies I've grabbed are lower-end players, like Eaton here, as the big stars and retired Hall of Famers tend to pull in the big dollars. A lot of these other dudes fall through the cracks. Probably the biggest name I've been able to snag so far is Zack Greinke.

I did add Adam Eaton to one of my fantasy baseball rosters recently as a backup outfielder, and he rewarded me with a home run tonight. In addition to the Members Only card, this lot contained the base card shown on the bottom and the Electric Foil parallel in the middle.

There are bloggers out there who have Star Wars-inspired names for cards that show all infield dirt or all outfield grass in the backgrounds, but I can't even keep my own name straight half the time, so I don't remember who coined the terms. The dusty shots are Tatooine cards and the grassy shots are Endor cards. This one falls into the Endor category. Even though it's a fairly simple shot there is a lot going on visually. The lines in the grass give some variety to the background. The ball is included in the picture which gives some good context to Eaton's pose, and he's wearing a nice throwback uniform to boot. I'm glad that I was able to track down another Members Only parallel, as I'm sure there won't be a whole lot more of these popping up in my price range as 2014 fades further into the past. Maybe someday I'll get my card collection all sorted and collated and figure out just how many of these things I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment