07 May 2017

Danica The National VIP Cracked Ice - Geico 500

This will be a short post. I had to work this weekend, and I am worn out. I didn't watch today's NASCAR race, the Geico 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, as I was working. I don't usually watch NASCAR races anyway, but sometimes I have an excuse for it. I was able to catch the NBA Playoff game between the Houston Rockets and the San Antonio Spurs, though, with the Rockets thankfully coming out and winning to tie the series at 2-2.

Danica Patrick had a rough day at the track, getting caught up in the big wreck near the end of the race and getting credit for a 38th-place finish. That dropped her down to 31st in the season standings, and makes for her 4th failure to finish a race out of 10 total races so far in the year.


I picked up this parallel from the 2016 Panini The National VIP set a while back. It's a Cracked Ice parallel, and numbered # 24 / 25. There isn't much else to say about it. It's a low-numbered parallel that features a photo from the same photo shoot used for most of Panini's NASCAR products so far.

2 comments:

  1. I went to the race this weekend and had a great time. It was a nasty wreck and too bad she got caught up in it. The race was definitely fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to attend a NASCAR race at some point, but I've never looked into it very seriously. I'm glad to hear you had a good time. I guess I'd have to try for Phoenix or Las Vegas, given my location.

      Delete