01 March 2015

2014 Topps Chrome R.A. Dickey Red Refractor


I am pretty tired and I don't have it in me to do a bigger post, so today you get a filler card that's been in my post queue for so long that I don't remember anything about it. It was probably on eBay for cheap enough that I picked it up, because I didn't make any kind of real effort at a Topps rainbow for 2014, although I have been grabbing up Jon Singleton cards from 2014 Topps High Tek, which makes the previous statement kind of a lie. Dickey's card looked pretty good with that red jersey and probably would have made a good rainbow to build, but after trying to do too many rainbows in 2013 I couldn't put myself through that again for 2014.


Anyway, this Topps Chrome Red Refractor is a pretty nice card and is limited to 25 total copies, with this example being numbered # 18 / 25. The quote on the back is probably taken directly from his book, which is titled Wherever I Wind Up: My Quest for Truth, Authenticity and the Perfect Knuckleball. I started reading the book a long time ago, but life got in the way and I never finished it. Maybe when I get done with school I will be able to catch up on all the leisure reading I haven't been able to do for the past few years. I've been saving an awful lot of things in life for that mythical day when I am done with school.

No comments:

Post a Comment