02 March 2015

Click Here to View Cart 6: Randy Kawasaki


I received a small batch of cards from Japan recently, from the same seller who sent me my R.A. Dickey SEGA Card-Gen grail card. First up is the card that I just tacked on to the order because it was cool to me. It's a 2003 Kanebo Topps Series 1 card featuring Randy Johnson. It looks like the set was produced as part of some agreement with Topps, as there are Topps logos and MLB marks on the cards along with the Kanebo logo. Zippy Zappy over at Torren' Up Cards has a post from last year that goes into a bit more detail about the set. I nearly picked up a Jamie Moyer card from Series 2, but it would have put me over my threshold for the transaction.


The second card is a Munenori Kawasaki card from the Extra set of 2012 SEGA Card-Gen. I guess the EX cards were special exchange cards that you could get from playing the game, which may or may not have been encased originally? All I know is that it's hard to build a Kawasaki player collection because he apparently has a lot of fans and not a lot of cards, so you've got to grab what you can get. His stats aren't great, but the card does mention that he hustles on all plays. I like watching him in games, because he's usually doing something entertaining.


And here's another cool Kawasaki card. It's from the 2009 Konami Baseball Heroes World Baseball Classic Edition. Again, I'm going to defer to Zippy Zappy to explain the origins of this set. I am unfortunately not an expert on any of these Japanese card sets, but I do know that I love just about every Japanese trading card I see. I just wish I could read the backs.

That's it for this purchase. I was happy to find some Munenori Kawasaki cards for my small PC of him and add to another unique Randy Johnson card to that PC. I recently picked up quite a few Japanese wrestling cards, too, and I will have to post about them once I get them sorted out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Gen Kawasaki. I'm working on a post about those exchange cards. It's been in my draft folder for months.

    ReplyDelete