11 June 2014

Rainbow in the Dark 21: A Couple of 2014 Bowman Derek Holland Parallels


I picked up a couple more parallels for my Derek Holland 2014 Bowman rainbow. This one is the green-bordered version and is numbered # 037 / 150. There is not much to say about it. At this point I am pretty close to having everything outside of the various # 1 / 1 cards and maybe some of the # / 10 cards as well. It will be interesting to see how many parallel versions Bowman Chrome adds to the rainbow.


I also got this Red Ice parallel, which is numbered # 09 / 25. There's not much to say about it, except that I think the different Ice parallels are pretty good-looking cards. I think I still need Holland's Purple Ice card, but I am not sure. I'll have to look at my checklist.

Topps Series 2 supposedly hits the shops today. I will probably grab a box of it and see what I get. My next big project will have to be gathering all of the Series 2 Power Players code cards so I can complete the set and theoretically be in the running for the big end-of-season prizes. Topps hasn't been supporting the weekly portion of the program at all, which seems fairly typical of them, being the bunch of goofballs that they are. I should just up and quit and forget about the Series 2 Power Players. But now that I went out and chased down all of Series 1 I am committed to Series 2. It's one of those unwritten rules, like the one about not throwing your bat at third base or being careful not to hurt someone's feelings by tagging them too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment