29 June 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 86: 2010 Wheels Main Event Head to Head Dale Earnhardt Jr. / Danica Patrick


Here is a NASCAR card I have been chasing off and on for quite a while now. It hails all the way from the 2010 Wheels Main Event set. I am not 100% sure how Wheels and Press Pass are related, but I think at some point they were different companies and there was a buyout that eventually led to Wheels products being produced under the Press Pass name.

Anyway, this card features swatches of event-worn hats from two of my favorite drivers, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Danica Patrick. It is serially-numbered at # 117 / 150. There is a parallel version out there numbered out of # / 25, but the price tag on those is a bit higher than I am comfortable with. Many copies of this less-limited version went well outside my price range, too, but I was finally able to land one. The hat pieces are nice and colorful, which is a good thing as there are a few copies I've seen with plain black swatches. Anything that adds a little color to the relic pieces is a good thing, in my mind.


The back of the card features extended versions of the photos on the front of the card, showing off the drivers' full awkward poses. There is also the usual guarantee of authenticity and trademark information. This is a pretty nice card, and cuts another piece from my bucket list of NASCAR cards. I will never have all of the cards put out for each of these drivers because I do not shoot money out of my butt, so I have to focus on certain cards and card types that I want examples of and chase those.

2 comments:

  1. Nice card. I wonder if Donald Trump shoots money out of his butt. Wait, I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that anyone could shoot money from their butt. With enough funding you could probably even devise a mechanism that would allow it to do so somewhat cleanly.

      Delete