05 June 2014

Seeking Redemption 5: A Big R.A. Dickey Mail Day


I finally got my first mailing of redemption cards from Topps. I am not sure how they did it, but they found the slowest possible shipping option there is for sending these out. They were shipped on May 23rd, and kicked around in the south and midwest for a while before finally working their way out west to Idaho. The package took nearly two weeks to travel across the country. But I guess I'd already been waiting a few months on some of these, so another two weeks is par for the course. At least FedEx provided fairly regular updates.

Up there at the top is a 2013 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleaser Autograph. The only information I had prior to the card arriving was that it would be numbered to # / 299 or less, so getting a card numbered to # 14 / 50 was a pleasant surprise. The original redemption card cost me $3.75 shipped, and it took just over six months from the time I entered the code in November 2013 to the time the card shipped.

The second autograph in the scan is a 2013 Tribute Baseball Autograph Blue Parallel numbered to # 07 / 50. There is quite a bit of variance between the two signatures, but I imagine my signature would show some variance over the course of a few hundred autographs, too. The card also shows Dickey in his Mets uniform. This one cost me $10 shipped, which is a decent price. The redemption code was entered in mid-April, so it took about 5 weeks for this redemption to be filled by Topps.


And for the sake of completeness, here are the backs of the cards. It's nice to see a little bit of text back there outside of the usual guarantee of authenticity. Both cards discuss some of Dickey's exploits from his 2012 Cy Young-winning season.

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards. Loved Dickey when he was with the Mets and wish he would get back to that form. Surprised it took so long the get that Tribute auto from Topps. I got my '13 Tribute /25 auto back in August from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they must have run out of his cards late last year and then waited a few months to have him come back in and catch up. It's kind of frustrating for the collector, but I can't imagine signing a buttload of stuff for Topps is the highest priority on most ballplayers' to-do lists.

      Delete