17 August 2015

Click Here to View Cart 8: R.A. Dickey 2013 Topps Factory Set Orange


Here is another card I picked up for my R.A. Dickey player collection a while ago. It's the Orange Factory Set parallel from 2013 Topps. These cards are deceptively hard to find, as most are locked away in their factory sets, either sitting on shelves unpurchased or kept sealed by collectors. It took me a long time to obtain one for my Josh Reddick 2013 Super Rainbow. From what I understand, each special factory set contains a pack with five of these cards. I bought this one from an online shop that seemed to have busted a few of these sets open. I think I actually bought this from the same place that sold me the Reddick card. I am not 100% sure, and confirming it would mean going through a bunch of old e-mails. Ain't nobody got time for that. The border design and Mets logo kind of blend in with the orange border. At least Dickey's photo is interesting enough to carry the card regardless of the border color, with the photo taken at an interesting angle that shows off his delivery, the mound, the Mets logo, and the rosin bag.


This isn't Dickey's standard base card in the set; instead it is the card that shows off his 2012 NL Cy Young campaign, so the back is dominated by the stats that helped him get there. My copy of the card carries the serial number # 012 / 230, but again, these factory set parallels are a lot more rare than that numbering suggests. I'm glad I tracked one down for my R.A. Dickey collection.

2 comments:

  1. Hi if you'd ever like to sell that card, I'm searching for it for my Dickey collection. Chris.pesqueira@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi if you'd ever like to sell that card, I'm searching for it for my Dickey collection. Chris.pesqueira@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete