07 February 2016

Pink Press Pass Patrick Parallel


I keep expecting that I will run out of NASCAR cards to post about, but I keep finding cards in my price range to post about on Sundays, my customary day for posting racing cards. This time I've got a Magenta Proof parallel of Danica Patrick from 2013 Press Pass Racing. I believe these were a retail-only parallel and are unnumbered. The seller had two other Magenta Danica cards from this set up for sale, but other buyers bid more than the opening bid on them and I wound up winning just the one with my initial bid.


NASCAR doesn't start back up for another couple of weeks, so my focus lately has been on other things. The Super Bowl is the main thing right now, and I am just hoping against hope that the Broncos don't put up another game like their terrible showing a couple of years ago versus the Seahawks. I would like them to win, of course, but even a good competitive game would (kinda) be okay.

I've been watching the Houston Rockets fumble their way through the NBA season. They will probably make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, but I can't see them winning a series against any of the teams ahead of them in the standings. The re-acquisition of Josh Smith shows that they are trying, but I just don't think the James Harden - Dwight Howard pairing is enough to compete with the big dogs in the Western Conference.

Yahoo! recently opened up their Fantasy Baseball game for registration, so I am looking forward to setting up some teams and studying projections for the upcoming baseball season. The Astros signed Doug Fister to a deal, news which will be a couple of weeks in the past by the time this post goes live. I hope he can be 2011-2014 Doug Fister more than 2015 Doug Fister. All of the free agency news and the anticipation of a new season have had me toying with the idea of re-opening up my copy of Out of the Park 16, the super-detailed baseball front office simulator. I am hesitant to do so, though, because that game sucks me in for weeks at a time. Last year I created a league based in the Pacific Northwest that randomly added historical MLB players to the drafts, then I played through many many seasons, chasing those elusive playoff spots and championship trophies. I would recommend against playing OOTP if you have anything else going on in your life, because the quest for just one more winning season will cause you to neglect school, work, sleep, family, and basic personal hygiene routines. With that being said I am sure that OOTP 17 will be releasing fairly soon, and I can't wait to see what it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment