28 April 2018

Doug Riggsby Red Sonja Artist Proof

I like a little silliness from time to time, so I will occasionally buy a sketch that strikes me as funny. Doug Riggsby is an artist known for his cartoony art style and his jokes, some more off-color than others.


I got this Red Sonja Artist Proof from Riggsby's eBay shop. It's from the Women of Dynamite set that was released by Breygent a few years back. I swear I've seen that guard/soldier somewhere before, but I have no idea where. Anytime I see a, "That's what she said," joke, it reminds me of The Office. I like Doug Riggsby's work a lot. I think I've also got a couple of sketch comic covers done by him that I haven't shown off here yet. I'll have to dig them out one of these days.

Dynamite Comics are the folks who own the license for Red Sonja comics, and they just recently completed a Kickstarter for a premium card product celebrating the 45th Anniversary of Red Sonja. Each pack of the cards has two sketches in it, and I supported the Kickstarter for two packs, so I've got four sketches coming to me at some point. The artist list has some pretty big names on it, so I am hoping to get some good stuff.

4 comments:

  1. I like it. Of course I've like Red Sonya since the 1970s when Marvel Comics had her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Red Sonja is pretty cool. I wasn't alive in the 1970's but I have (mostly) liked what Dynamite Comics has done with the character.

      Delete
  2. Awesome sketch! The guard reminds me of Jay (Jason Mewes) playing the role of the Dragon's Lair video game guy.

    ReplyDelete