21 September 2015

Oops, I Already Had This Card: 2014 Press Pass Total Memorabilia Danica Patrick Gold Parallel


I picked up this card as part of a lot of three cards purchased from an eBay seller. After getting the cards in the mail, I thought, "That one card looks familiar." Sure enough, I had already pulled a copy of this one from a box I won as part of the Press Pass Fantasy NASCAR league last year. This is a Gold parallel from the 2014 Press Pass Total Memorabilia set, and this one is numbered # 044 / 175. It's a nice enough card, but I (sometimes) hate to spend money on a card I already have when I could be getting something totally new.

The Chase for the Cup is going on right now, but Danica doesn't figure into the Championship race at all. She will close out the season just trying to improve. She didn't make a lot of progress this week in the myAFibRisk.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway, starting in 25th and finishing in 26th. She bounced around between 18th and 29th throughout the race, so was never much of a threat to gather a top 10 finish or anything like that. The final result did move her up one spot in the season standings, going from 24th to 23rd in the points.

It was nice to see that Josh Wise made a start and went the full distance, starting in 40th and working his way up to 33rd by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment