25 May 2015

Click Here to View Cart 7: Accidental Purchases

I took this scan from COMC.com
Inspired by this post from the Sportscards From the Dollar Store blog, I set out to order a copy of this 1992 Classic Best card featuring David Paveloff holding a bat for apparently the first time in his life. I got onto Sportlots and made an order from one of the sellers there.


But somewhere between here and there I got something mixed up and wound up with this 1992 Fleer ProCards instead. I'm not really sure how it happened, but there it is. The card is still a little bit goofy, but not nearly as much fun as the Classic Best card. Maybe I'll try again sometime and buy the right card.

4 comments:

  1. The card you wanted is definitely goofy. Hope the second attempt is a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll get the right one next time around.

      Delete
  2. I think it was a picture of Dave holding a bat for the first time, as he never had a professional plate appearance. http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=pavelo001dav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be kind of funny to play baseball all through your life and even get into the minor leagues without ever swinging a bat.

      Delete