30 May 2015

Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2 Metal Promo Card


I've been chasing this card for a while now, and I was finally able to land one. It is a metal promo card for the Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2 card set produced by Cryptozoic. Only 100 copies of the metal promo were made (mine is # 38 / 100) and they were available for sale at Non-Sport Update booth at the 2013 Memorabilia Birmingham collectible show in Britain. I believe some of the print run was available on the Non-Sport Update website after that, but I arrived on the scene much too late to take advantage of it. I had to do it the old-fashioned way by saving a search on eBay and waiting for someone to list one.

This card pretty well closes the door on the set for me, as I have all of the inserts, the full mini parallel set, all of the autographs and wardrobe relic cards, the binder, and the special issue of Non-Sport Update with the regular promo card. The only thing I am really missing is a sketch, but those were pretty hard to find and the only ones I've seen listed are a bit out of my range. Maybe someday I will save up enough to grab another case of this stuff and hope that I pull a sketch card.

No comments:

Post a Comment