05 May 2015

Rainbow in the Dark 28: Jon Singleton 2014 Topps High Tek Red Storm Diffractor


I picked up this wild-looking card some time ago, but have never got around to posting about it. It's a Red Storm Diffractor of Jon Singleton from the 2014 Topps High Tek release. This example is numbered # 10 / 10, making it possibly the rarest card in my Singleton High Tek rainbow. The Stripes parallel was not serially numbered, and some estimates say that only 5-10 copies of those were made, so in real life that one might actually have a lower print run than this one. One of the # 1 / 1 cards popped up on eBay a week or so ago, but the price went past my comfort zone and I let it go. 

The Astros went on a big tear recently, winning 10 games in a row before the streak was broken with two losses in a row to the Rangers. Interestingly, they are 8-7 at home and 10-2 on the road. They currently lead the Angels by six games for the division lead, but there is still a lot of baseball to be played.

Last week was my last week of school, so this week is graduation. That's a pretty big deal, although I mostly feel like this is something I should have finished a decade ago. I'm still waiting on one grade to come in but I am told that I will probably pass the class, as I completed all the work and scored in the 97th percentile on my exit exams. So sometime next week I will be an official graduate of Northwest Nazarene University with a dual B.S. in Accounting / Business Administration.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming accomplishment! I took a long break during my under grad days but that just kind of made it sweeter when I did graduate.

    ReplyDelete