23 May 2015

2012 WWE Heritage Allen & Ginter Minis from Australia

Over the last couple of years I've opened a few boxes of 2012 Topps WWE Heritage, a throwback product done in the style of Topps' original 1985 wrestling cards. One of the inserts in the set is a 30-card checklist of Allen & Ginter minis. I'd accumulated enough of them that buying a box of cards would likely just end in me pulling more doubles, so I turned to eBay to see if I could find the singles I needed. Specifically I was hoping to find someone who had all four cards available so that I could take advantage of combined shipping.


As it turned out, the cheapest option was an outfit in Australia. It still amazes me that I can get stuff shipped from Japan and Australia for the same price (or less!) than many American sellers charge. And sometimes the stuff even arrives more quickly to boot.

None of these final four wrestlers really does much for me, Yokozuna's heyday was a bit early for me, although I do remember his cousin, Rikishi. Dusty Rhodes was also popular before I was really aware of wrestling outside of the big stars who were famous outside of wrestling, like Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar came around after the time period where I was really into wrestling, so I am aware of them but couldn't tell you much about them. Although I don't have much to say about these cards, they do all share the distinction of being the cards that helped me complete a set, and that's a pretty important thing in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment