14 May 2015

A Few Scarce R.A. Dickey Panini Pickups


Over the past little while I have picked up some R.A. Dickey cards with relatively small print runs. This first one is a parallel of the Golden Leather insert from 2014 Panini Prizm. Cardboard Connection tells me that this is the Gold parallel, but it looks Yellow to me. In the past I picked up the Blue and Red parallels, too. I'm pretty sure I have the base version but I can't find it here on the blog, so I won't link to it. This copy is numbered # 04 / 10. It's a nice shiny card.


This card hails from 2013 Panini Prizm. It's part of the 2013 Panini Prizm USA Baseball set, and features an autograph that stayed mostly on the sticker. It's also a shiny card, and is numbered # 04 / 25.


Finally, here is a Gold parallel from 2013 Panini America's Pastime Baseball. It's numbered # 03 / 25, and the scan features a nice dog hair that I missed on the initial run-through. I haven't been paying much attention to the Blue Jays this year as the Astros are finally good enough to watch with some regularity. R.A. Dickey has had a pretty rough go of it so far, though, looking at his numbers. So far this year he is 1-4 with a 5.00 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP. His deeper stats are similarly ugly. It seems like he starts out slow most years, so maybe he'll find a way to get the knuckleball tamed again and finish strong, but right now he is struggling.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Golden Leather inserts. They have a nice 90's feel to them. I have a few in my collection, but never hit one of the parallels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not normally one for shiny cards, but that Team USA card is pretty damn cool.

    ReplyDelete