11 March 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 49: Manute Bol 2010-11 Panini Elite Black Box Signatures



Here is a card I have been chasing for quite a while. Earlier this year I got a Manute Bol relic card, but his signature has been somewhat elusive. This is a sticker autograph, but Panini layered the card in such a way that the sticker forms the middle layer and isn't just a big ugly spot slapped on the front of the card. I don't really mind sticker autos as long as they are integrated well into the design of the card. The ones I take issue with are the stickers just slapped willy-nilly on the card, with no regard for alignment or aesthetics. Bol died in 2010 and given that this is a 2010-11 product, he may have already been gone when this card came to market. That is another reason I don't mind the sticker. 


The back of this card features the serial number, which in this case is # 05 / 49. It came to me all the way from Australia by way of eBay. I guess if I want to build the Manute Bol trifecta, all I am missing is his 1986-87 Fleer Rookie Card. I am rather partial to that set anyway as it contains the Rookie Card of my favorite player of all time, Hakeem Olajuwon (and some guy named Michael Jordan). I may try to track down a copy of Bol's card.

No comments:

Post a Comment