15 March 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 52: Dutch Oven Delight


After looking at the overpriced Derek Holland autographs at the shop in Arlington during my trip to Texas, I still wanted to add one to my player collection. I got this one for $5.24 shipped from eBay.

It's from some sort of set, allegedly called 2014 Topps Tribute to the National Pastime. I haven't been keeping up with the high-end sets very much, but that is sure a long name for a set.

The only real downside of this autograph for me is that it features Holland without his mustache, although most of his cards are that way and I'll just have to get used to it. The card is appropriately shiny, it is numbered # 72 / 99, and the autograph is on-card and makes good use of the space allotted (although the 'penmanship' could use a little work).

I'll probably look to add more signed cards to the Holland collection, but this was a pretty good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment