01 February 2014

At the Trade Deadline 16: A Big Box of Bobble From The Prowling Cat

I got a surprise box in the mail the other day. It was a pretty big box, and it came from The Prowling Cat. Here's what was inside:


A Danica Patrick Ignite base card and a blue parallel from the same set. I think this is the 2012 set, but I am not 100% sure on that. I didn't have either of these cards in my collection yet.


There were also several Mariners, Astros, Rockets, and Bullets. As the lone horizontal card, Jeff Weaver got his own scan.


The cards covered a variety of years, brands, and sports. 


Robert Horry and Vernon Maxwell won championships with the Houston Rockets in the 1990s, playing key roles on the team. Nolan Ryan doesn't need any introduction, Mark Portugal has fabulous hair, and Willie Ansley has got quite the posed shot on his card. I wonder what the story is behind that mural?


This bobblehead of Felix Hernandez is the reason the box was so large. This is my first bobblehead of any sports figure, unless you count Andre the Giant as an athlete. It's pretty cool. My two-year-old twins were really intrigued by the bobblehead. I think they were afraid that Felix's head was going to fall off. It was quite the conversation piece all evening.

This package was a great surprise in my mailbox, and I had a lot of fun looking through all the stuff that The Prowling Cat sent my way. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment