10 April 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 63: 2012 SEGA Card-Gen Part 3


Here are the rest of the cards from my big eBay purchase. If you are super-interested in the rest of the cards I bought, you can go look at Part 1 and Part 2. First up in this group are a couple of Rangers. Michael Young became a Dodger for a while and retired before the 2014 season. Beltre is still playing for the Rangers. Both players get some nice-looking cards, even though you can't see Young's face in his photo.


They get some pretty stacked stat lines, too, with each player getting a 20 on his card.


Next up are the Rays, with another couple of decent cards. I picked up the Upton because I am drawn to his cards ever since he drug down my whole 2013 fantasy baseball season. I guess subconsciously I feel like if I can get enough of his cards it will somehow erase the past. Shields was another recognizable name in the eBay $0.99 bin.



I don't know how you could say no to an obscure Adrian Gonzalez card for 99 cents. I know I couldn't. Look at all those stars on the front of his card!


None of my Reds cards feature guys in Reds uniforms. Both of them are also currently on the DL. Latos has been pretty good the last couple of years, and can usually be drafted at a discount in fantasy because he's not one of the biggest names out there.



I got some Country Breakfast in this lot. Is it just me, or are the Royals perennially stacked with super-hyped players who never quite get to the top of the heap? Or maybe they are just as good as other players but are held down by playing in a small market. I don't know. It's late enough that I shouldn't be held accountable for what I'm saying. Soria is getting a chance at being a closer again this season, for the Rangers.



Here's a dude with a pretty good arm. Scherzer's strikeout rate makes him an awesome fantasy pitcher. People finally caught on after last season's performance, though, so I wasn't able to snag him in any leagues this year.


It seems like Doumit has been around forever. I guess it hasn't really been that long, though. I've always kind of liked the guy because of his weird Catcher/Outfielder status. The snippet on the back of this card labels him as an 'offensive catcher.' I don't know; I always thought more of Brian McCann as a more offensive catcher. Ohhhhh!


And bringing up the tail of this train-wreck of a post is 'Sexy' Alexei Ramirez, who I believe was given that nickname by one of the Yahoo! Fantasy columnists. It's been burned into my mind so I can't see this dude's name without putting that extra word in front of it. I own him in a couple of leagues this year, and he is off to a really good start. Sexy indeed. I am hoping he'll continue to play well and rack up some stolen bases  for me.

And that does it for this particular bunch of cards. I did make a follow-up order to grab some players that I missed the first time around, but those cards haven't even arrived yet and there's a long line of posts in my queue that should run before I do another Card-Gen post.

No comments:

Post a Comment