18 April 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 68: The Great Bo Jackson Box Loader Autograph Exchange Part 2 (of 3)


Here I am again with the second part of the series on what I got in exchange for the Bo Jackson box loader autograph I pulled from 2014 Topps Heritage. One of the things on my list was to replace the autograph with another Bo Jackson auto, and I was able to find this redemption card for a Bo Jackson Triple Relic Autograph from 2014 Topps Museum Collection. But that's not the whole story.


You see, prior to all of this I had purchased a Toronto Blue Jays slot in a case break of 2014 Topps Museum Collection. I paid my fee and logged in to the video feed at the appointed hour, but all that showed was a blank screen. I waited a few minutes, and many of the participants started to discuss the lack of video or sound in the chat window. About ten minutes after the scheduled start time, the person running the box break noticed the chat traffic and lamented that they had already opened three boxes of product. The other participants got quite hostile and called shenanigans, making the point that with the video malfunction it would be impossible to know if the seller was on the level when shipping out the hits. The seller got flustered, the chatters questioned her heritage and integrity, and the anonymity of the internet let everyone feel free to pile on insults and threats. Within a few minutes, though, the seller had issued refunds and aside from missing out on the case break everyone was at least restored back to their original state.

A couple of days later I checked the same seller's list of items for sale and found this Bo Jackson card among the listings. I also saw that there were no Blue Jays hits among the listings, so I dodged a bullet there through the case breaker's ineptitude. So whoever ponied up for the Royals team slot missed out on this opportunity to have a Bo Jackson redemption sit in their queue for a few months before (hopefully) receiving a card similar to the Mike Olt shown below. It has advantages and drawbacks when compared to the Heritage autograph. On the positive side, I like the design well enough, with an actual player photo instead of an embossed metallic headshot. Also, this one contains a few pieces of memorabilia. The drawbacks are that the print run is much higher on these cards and that the autographs all appear to be stickers instead of on-card. Given all of the other things I was able to add to my cart in addition to this card, though, I am willing to live with those differences. I just hope it doesn't take too long for Topps to fill the redemption. 


No comments:

Post a Comment