07 April 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 61: 2012 SEGA Card-Gen Part 2

I recently got a big lot of 2012 SEGA Card-Gen cards on eBay from a seller who had listed a bunch of them at pretty good prices. I am nowhere close to a full set like Zippy Zappy just finished, but I grabbed a big pile of  players that interest me for various reasons. Part 1 of this lot got posted a few days ago, and there will be at least one more post from this purchase.


And of course I start off with a card I bought for reasons that escape me at the moment. I guess I bought the Loney card because it was 99 cents. Dee Gordon is one of those speedy guys who you draft in fantasy leagues for cheap speed and he winds up just sucking the life out of a roster spot. Kenley Jansen is the Dodgers' closer, and seems to do a pretty good job of holding down the job.




Brantley is one of those sneaky-good guys who can be picked up in the late rounds of fantasy drafts, or even off the waiver wire. Hafner had a big bat and a fun nickname (Pronk), so I had to grab his card.



Buehrle had a great start for the Blue Jays to open the season against the Rays. I would imagine that if he gets a 2014 card his stats might not be quite so eye-pooping. Josh Johnson is kind of a fallen star as well. 



This here is the card that I splurged on, paying quite a bit more than 99 cents for it. I had R.A. Dickey's 2013 card, but not his 2012 version. Now I've got it. Nice!



Nolan Reimold is another guy I probably added to the order because I recognized his name and he was 99 cents. Mark Reynolds had some good power numbers, but he would sink the crap out of your team's batting average. But over the last few years I generally had him on most of my fantasy rosters for at least a small stretch of time, usually picking him up just prior to a slump where he went 2 for 37 with no counting stats.



Here are a couple of Padres relievers, Huston Street and Ernesto Frieri. Street is currently holding down the closer job in San Diego, and Frieri is the Angels' named closer for now, although his numbers don't look that great. It's a small sample size, though, and I'm not sure how good exactly his competition is for the closer's chair.



I mostly just like Vance Worley's glasses.


And that's it for Part 2 of this eBay lot. I absolutely love these cards. It would be ridiculous to try to complete the set, but I will keep picking these cards up where I can. And definitely click through to Zippy Zappy's blog post that I linked to in the first paragraph, as he has the whole set on display there.

No comments:

Post a Comment