08 August 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 99: 2014 Topps R.A. Dickey Pink


This card popped up on eBay and I tossed a small bid at it. When the dust settled I was a winner. I won't say no to a Dickey card with a bright-colored border. The pink border really clashes with the red and blue on all the Blue Jays gear, making this a wonderfully garish card. I bet you could even see this card in the dark. I still think those Maple Leaf hats are darn cool, although I haven't actually gone out and picked one up yet. And the red jersey is neat, too.


For those keeping track of such things, the Pink parallels in 2014 Topps are limited to 50 copies each, and this card is numbered # 16 / 50. I really need to catch a couple of Dickey's starts on MLB.tv before the season ends, as it seems like he is always starting on a day that I've got something else going on, or I don't realize he's starting that day until I read about the game after it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment