27 October 2013

What eBay Hath Wrought 25: A Shiny Purple Dickey




I got a card from eBay in the mail yesterday, which by the time this is posted will be two days ago. The card is this R.A. Dickey Purple Refractor from 2013 Bowman Chrome. It is numbered #69/199, to which this International Man of Mystery says, "Yeah, baby!"


I'm not sure if I own his base card in this set, but that doesn't matter all that much. I'm sure I will pick it up eventually. I actually have quite a few more Dickey cards on the way, which I will be posting here. The Superfractor of this particular card is sitting out there on eBay right now, but the seller wants $299.99 + $2.79 shipping for it. The seller is taking offers on the card, but I don't know how hard they'd listen to an offer for 1/3 the asking price or less. I would imagine that if I am going to seek out one of those Rainbow collections of a player, it will have to avoid the Superfractor and maybe even anything numbered to 5 or less. I guess if the Superfractor became available at something less than a car payment I would have to think about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment