23 October 2013

Pack of the Day 38: 2013 Bowman Retail Box Break Pack 13: Double Vision

Pack 13 of the box gave us four base cards, but only three are shown here for now. Ian Desmond was pretty good in relief of Everth Cabrera on my fantasy baseball team this year, giving me 100 solid games. My team log tells me he went 106/382 for a .277 batting average with 53 runs, 11 home runs, 52 RBIs, and 15 stolen bases while on my team. A nice balanced contribution from a spot that's hard to get stats in, especially if you want a little bit of power to go with your stolen bases.



That Patrick Leonard card looks oddly familiar, but I don't know why. It's not one that I've pulled from this box previously, and there isn't anything about it that really stands out to me.



Giant batting helmets are still in style here, as Alcantara is sporting one. His doesn't look as huge as some we've seen in this set, but it still looks a bit oversized.


Next up is our mandatory Gold parallel card, which features the Marlins' star player, Giancarlo Stanton. If I recall correctly, there were plenty of trade rumors surrounding him, but the Marlins will probably keep him on board and try to build something around him.


And there is our fourth base card, right next to his twin brother, a blue parallel card of Trevor Bauer numbered # 094 / 500. I like getting colored parallels, even though most of them don't really have a spot in my collection. I guess I could just start filling a binder with them, but that would get chaotic pretty quickly and drive me nuts. Anyway, this guy is highly touted, although the numbers say he struggled a bit in his stint with the Indians this year. I don't know how true that is, as I don't really follow the Indians.




No comments:

Post a Comment