12 October 2013

Pack of the Day 32: 2013 Bowman Retail Box Break Pack 11: His Name is Rio

I guess the highlight of the base cards is that Manny Machado RC. I like the way this design looks in the binder, but it really does lose a lot of points when it comes to scanning. The player names are absolutely unreadable on the scans until I blow the pictures way up. I guess I could get a better scanner, but I don't know if that would help. It might just make for prettier unreadable cards.


The usual number of prospects is here in the pack. Since there are two Chrome prospects we know we didn't get any Refractor-type inserts. Rio Ruiz is a young Astros prospect. He was born six years before I graduated from High School.





CC Sabathia is the Gold parallel for this pack, and Hansel Robles gets the Hometown parallel treatment on his card, with the flag of the Dominican Republic serving as the background for his photo. 


We're getting close to halfway through the box, and I only opened it and scanned the cards a little over a month ago. I guess any pictures of baseball cards are good pictures of baseball cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment