03 October 2013

Contested Shots 2: Guess What Number Play at the Plate is Thinking of?

Play at the Plate held a contest a few weekends ago, in which participants had to use clues given every hour (or so) to guess the player and the serial number of the Allen & Ginter's red-ink autograph he had pulled. I didn't win that contest but due to the silliness that went on in the final post's comment section he held a secondary drawing for a rack pack of Allen & Ginter's. I couldn't win the test of skill, but I did win the game of chance as I had earned enough entries with my comments to tilt the odds in my favor. Here are some of my personal highlights from the rack pack I received in the mail the other day.


The Mr. Olympia contest was held again last week, and Phil Heath won it again, so that card is somewhat relevant to current news events. I really want to get his autograph and relic cards from the set, but I haven't done it yet. Of course, given the nature of the 'uniforms' bodybuilders wear at events, I don't know that I would want to actually touch the relic swatch. Spray-on-tan-soaked man-thongs aren't really something I'm into as a collector, although I would assume there has to be a niche market for that kind of thing. My curiosity is almost piqued enough to Google that, but I will resist for now.

Thanks for the contest! It was a lot of fun, especially with the way things turned out on the final post.

1 comment:

  1. Don't google that at work...ha!

    You're welcome. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete