08 January 2014

I Got it at Sportlots 3: 2013 Topps Chrome Update Set Completed

I filled out the rest of my 2013 Topps Update Chrome set through Sportlots, but the cards in this particular envelope are the only ones I scanned before I put them all in the set binder. You can see a bright spot in the upper right corner of the Kershaw card, which illuminates the severe bend the card had upon arrival. I don't know if I want to bother replacing the card. I am halfway hoping the bend will flatten itself out over time. The seller credited me back some money for the card, but it is in the form of store credit, so I can't use it without spending money.


I think the Puig there was the biggest card from my need list for this set. I don't think I got hosed too badly on it, but I am glad that I don't have to worry about that set anymore. I need to collect a significantly smaller number of sets in 2014. I got back into the hobby this year and it was all so exciting and new again that I went a bit overboard. To keep with the nautical theme, I need to right the ship and plan ahead so I don't steer right into an iceberg.


These Chrome cards are extremely unforgiving when it comes to fingerprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment