17 January 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 36: Total Memorabilia Insert Set Fillers

I opened a box of 2013 Press Pass Memorabilia a while back and had it in my head that I would like to complete the base set and the non-memorabilia/non-autograph inserts. I discovered a seller on eBay dumping some pretty big lots of the cards for just a couple of dollars. Here are 5 of the 10 Memory Lane inserts, which show pictures of NASCAR drivers when they were younger, and on Davey Allison Tribute card that comes from a set that spanned several 2013 products, with 2 cards from the set in each offering.


I also got this lot of Smooth Operator inserts from the same seller. One or two of them were doubles, but they only wanted a couple of dollars for the whole lot. I wasn't going to squabble when most folks want a dollar or more per base card, and even more for the inserts. I got both of these lots for around $5, and got each of my insert sets within a card or two of completion. The same seller also had a big lot of base cards that matched (for the most part) the holes in my set. I must not have scanned those cards, but again, he only wanted a couple of dollars for the 21-card lot. I thought it was pretty good to have most of my want list from the set fall into my lap like that. The auctions were all of the Buy It Now variety and I stumbled onto them just a couple hours after they'd been listed, so I may have just been in the right place at the right time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment