27 August 2013

Breaking it Down 1: 2013 Allen & Ginter's Two-Box Break by Judson at My Cardboard Habit

Judson of My Cardboard Habit hosted a two-box break of 2013 Allen & Ginter's recently. I bought in for the Blue Jays, and through a trade acquired the Royals as my random other team. I also bought the Martial Mastery spot.



I got 15 base cards in total between the two teams. No R.A. Dickey, but I pulled him from my Gint-A-Cuffs box so it's not a huge loss.


I forget which players are SP cards, but I'm pretty sure I got a couple of the short prints as there are a couple of guys on each team who are SPs. I think Melky Cabrera is one of them.


I did pretty well in this break with the Martial Mastery inserts, with 6 of the 10 coming out of the boxes. I've picked up a couple of the others from my two boxes and another box break, but I am still two short on the set. It was a pretty good dollar spent on that spot.


I also got a couple of minis, one from each team. I don't think there is anything special about the minis (i.e. A&G, black-bordered, etc.) This was an Anthony Gose hot break for me, with the base card, the mini... 


...and one of the six hits coming in the form of a Framed Mini Autograph card. I think it's funny that Gose is in practically the same pose on his base card and the autograph, but he happens to be smiling in the autograph picture and looking pretty serious on the base card.


All in all, it was a pretty good break. I've since added another Gose auto to my collection, so I have a full-fledged PC going on now. Thanks to Judson for the break. I had a good time watching as he posted the packs on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment