20 August 2013

Pack of the Day 12: 2013 Bowman Baseball Retail Box Pack 2

This pack actually has the promised 10 cards in it, so I've got that going for me. Austin Jackson and David Murphy are having a pretend light saber duel, Josh Beckett may be in the middle of passing out, and Mike Olt has just seen something confusing. Also, Beckett's goatee/soul patch thing just looks odd in this photo. Maybe it's the apparent asymmetry from this angle that bothers me. I have bare patches in my beard on both sides underneath my mouth, and it bothers me. Anyhow, with facial hair like that he will never be an elite reliever.

My real complaint with these cards is that the player names don't scan very well, so I have to blow the pictures way up if I forget someone's name.


I don't know that I've ever heard of these two dudes outside of pulling them from other packs of Bowman. Most of the cards in this pack were needed for my binder, but not these two.


And here are a couple more Bowman Chrome cards that I needed for my set. All of the prospects in the set have their team names below the player names, but for some reason Michael Snyder's card doesn't feature the full team name. I will have to look at the other cards in the set to see if that is the case for all Angels players.


It is nice to get the promised number of cards in a pack, but there was nothing too exciting here. The box is starting off pretty slowly, but it is a Retail box, and the pull ratios are much tougher. I just couldn't justify the extra $20-25 for a Hobby box when all I really want to do is build the base set.


No comments:

Post a Comment