25 January 2014

Pack of the Day 57: 2013 Bowman Retail Box Break Pack 23

After this pack I am down to one final post for this box of cards. Here in the base card section we have Neil Walker nicely book-ended by Anthony Rizzo and David Freese in opposing post-swing stances.


The other base cards are Ben Zobrist and Doug Fister.


Every time I glance at the Cory Vaughn card I think for a second that it is one of those Hometown parallels with the flag backgrounds. It is very upsetting to be flipping through binder pages or a stack of cards and see a card that appears to be out of place. Finding out that it is not, in fact, a parallel doesn't do anything to assuage that initial feeling that things are not in their proper places.


I think I pulled the base Frazier card a couple of packs ago. Now I have the Gold parallel version. Unless I sent it away in a trade package or something. I can't remember that kind of stuff.


Here is another one of those mini-Refractors, this time featuring the Orioles' Top 5 prospects. Kevin Gausman gets the plum spot on the front of the card. I'm not sure if he's pitching or eyeballing the Value Menu at McDonalds. He looks hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment