25 August 2013

What eBay Hath Wrought 9: Swatch Out!

I picked up a few different memorabilia cards from various sources. First up is this R.A. Dickey from Topps Tribute, commemorating his back-to-back one-hitters last year. I guess this is a parallel of the regular Commemorative Cuts insert, with the blue color and slightly lower numbering setting it apart. I would really like to pick up an R.A. Dickey memorabilia card with some color on the fabric, but anything more than gray or white tends to command a premium.


I also tossed in a bid on this 2012 Allen & Ginter Mike Morse Framed Mini Relic. I kind of like the black border, and for $0.99 the price was right.



Then we've got a McKayla Maroney Framed Mini Relic from this year's Allen & Ginter set. It would be a better card if Topps had played up the internet meme angle and featured her 'not impressed' face. Either way, this has proven to be one of the more popular cards in A & G.



And finally I have another one of those cards that I tossed in a bid on and it stuck. I guess serially-numbered cards aren't what they used to be. I may be wrong, but I thought Hamilton was somewhat popular, and a card with less than 10 copies out there might be a more popular item. It might make decent trade bait, I suppose.



No comments:

Post a Comment